We’re looking for tomorrow’s leaders
Republic Services has a culture unlike any other, full of genuinely awesome people, including new graduates and interns early in their careers.
We provide opportunities for hands-on experience, ongoing job training, professional development and the resources and tools to succeed. By working for Republic Services, you’ll obtain valuable skills, work collaboratively and cross functionally, and build strong relationships for the future.
We offer various programs for those in college, new grads and MBA graduates in the field and at corporate including:
General Manager Accelerated Program (GMAP)
Our full-time, 24-month GMAP program offers on-the-job training and formal learning through a structured sequence of responsibilities and rotation through key roles within the Company. You’ll build close working relationships with executives, managers, employees and customers.
- This program is available to MBAs with previous leadership experience.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with a program beginning each July
- It is designed to place you in a General Manager role within two years.
MBA Internship Program
The MBA Internship Program is a paid summer internship that provides experience in our field operations, along with exposure to our executive leadership team through a focused 10-week project. For this opportunity, interns are placed in locations throughout the country and assigned a dedicated mentor.
- This program is available to MBAs in their first year.
- It is designed to be a stand-alone program, though may lead to an offer to participate in the GMAP.
Leadership Training Program
The Leadership Training Program provides an in-depth knowledge of the Company as you rotate through each major area of Republic Services.
- This program is available to graduating seniors and those seeking an improved understanding of our industry.
- It is designed to place you in an Operations Management role within 18 months.
Republic Services offers paid internships to college students across a variety of areas. Internships span two to three months and provide practical work experience.
- To be eligible for this program, you must have a college sophomore status or above.
- View our campus schedule and see when we’re coming to your school next.
Early Career Opportunities for New Graduates
Republic Services hires recent grads for full-time positions throughout the year. Work on our customer resource team or in sales to gain experience and enhance your resume.
- View entry-level positions open now.
- Join our Talent Network. This way, when new positions open that you might be interested in, you’ll be the first to know.
Check out the list below to see if Republic Services will be visiting a school near you!
University of Michigan (Ross)
Company Info Session October 3, 2022
MBA Veterans Conference
October 13- 14, 2022 (in-person) in Atlanta, GA
October 21, 2022 – Virtual portion of conference
University of North Carolina (Kennan Flagler)
MBA Early Access Event (virtual) on July 14-15, 2022
Company Info Session September 20, 2022
MBA Networking Forum (in-person) on September 23, 2022
June 10, 2022 – June 11, 2022 in Los Angeles
University of Texas (McCombs)
Company Info Session September 14, 2022
MBA Career Connections Networking Reception (in-person) September 22, 2022
MBA Career Connections Office Hours (in-person) September 23, 2022
Arizona State University
Check back for future dates
HBCU Career Development Marketplace
November 2 – 4 in Baltimore, MD